Friday, February 20, 2009

Godly Violation-Part 3

3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

As creatures of habit, we do not always think about being followed by strangers or anyone else for that matter. For instance, I hate having to stop at a bunch of stop signs in order to move on to my destination. From my house to the main street or highway, I will turn the wrong direction or take a few streets up to avoid any extra stop signs. I developed this while working as a Volunteer First Responder in my town so to save time. I learned which streets had the most stop signs and which ones had the least just for that reason. I may not be volunteering for now, but I still resist those extra stop signs. If the local town Marshall wanted to learn my ways (and most likely he already has if I know him), it would not take long for him to learn. Fortunately, I don't give the police reason to learn them.
Knowing this, I have to pay attention to my habits and which ones needs to be rid of and which ones need to be improved or practiced more often. Paying attention to my own bad habits is not especially a strong suit with me, so in order to make this a strong suit, I have to evaluate them. It will suck big time, but it must happen if I want good habits in place of bad. All change must start with the Lord and where He takes me.

Lord God, Heavenly Father,
You created me with every good that is in You, but I allowed bad habits to come into this life You gave me. I commit myself to allow You to lead me in the changes and habits to be practiced according to Your purpose. Thank You for alluding me to writing for You are using it to lead me, convict me, and guide me into Your character for me. I do not want to turn back, in Jesus' name and for His sake, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment