Friday, July 10, 2009

Heart Words

20 They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your name.

Have we ever considered how we talk to God when we pray or even refer to His name in certain moments? I have to think about these things because often God has to convict me of my thoughts and words, especially when I speak these words to others!
Like last night when God had to convict my heart about an evil thought about a co-worker; an thought of an event that would send that disagreeable co-worker packing. I expressed this evil thought to a co-worker with whom I enjoyed working. I get in the car and WHAM! God convicts me of my words; not like a lightning volt, but like a pang in my heart. "Did you just hear what you just said about this person, Nancy? How is this going to help in your prayers for your workplace? Is it your decision with whom you work? How do you think the co-worker you just spoke to sees you now? Was I glorified? Did you show MY love?"
OOPS!
It is so easy to speak against someone we do not like and want to see them gone, but what is not so easy is praying for the person seeking God's love for them. He does love them, you know.
I am including in this writing a prayer I sent to someone I have never met and want to meet one day for they have suffered much. I am including this because this should be the prayer I need to pray for this co-worker with whom I disapprove:

Jehovah-Jireh, LORD our Provider,
Show Your power and love for Your children when we wait on You. As you provided for Your children, Israel food, protection, and shelter, so You do so today. We praise the name of Jesus!! We thank You. We praise You. We cannot but believe. But when we falter, forgive us when do not act or talk like Your presence is not near. Help us in our unbelief in the scary times. And in the times of comfort, let us not alone when we get too comfortable who has provided what we have. Thank you for Elizabeth and Katy who are willing to be transparent about what they are going through so others can be blessed as they pray for them. To God be the glory great things He has done! Amen and Amen!

Jehovah-Mekaddishkem, LORD our Sanctifier,
So have you loved me so much that You sent Your only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die for my sins, so you have done the same for those with whom I work, agreeable and disagreeable. Thank you for lovingly reminding me of the way my heart should speak to You and others about Your saving grace, Your provision for their lives, but most of all, what You had to suffer for our sins. Forgive me for my evil thoughts and words revealing my evil heart. I truly do desire to transform this heart to a heart like Yours, but I need to commit this heart always to You, everyday and every moment. Thank You for this lesson. Thank You for Your forgiveness for even this, in Jesus' precious name and for His sake, I commit to glorify Him with my thoughts and words, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment