Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Worth to God

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

I have never been one to understand just how worthy I am until I met the Lord God. Not that I have never known from my parents how important I am to them, but worthy of what I can be. I guess this is one of life's mysteries one must find out for themselves. Unfortunately, I still struggle in this area, but God is not done yet!
In the Book of Genesis chapter one these words were written:

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

What an amazing statement of what we look like as human beings! This is definitely NOT evolution because evolution says something has to evolve from something for man's evolution came from any one of the theories one can come up with (apes, sea creatures, etc). Creation says we are created by the Creator and in His creative power created people (man) in His image. God spoke the words and it was done. He then gave His creation purpose and authority which only He can.

If you read the first few chapters of Genesis you find that God created everything and that everything He created was good.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

This shows that God does not make junk. Junk is worthless that's why we throw it away. The devil likes to make junk of God's creation so he can try to take away from God. The devil is jealous of God and wants to be God, but even though he knows he cannot, it does not stop him. The only way the devil can make junk of us is if we give him the authority to do so. You see, God has all authority, but the devil has none until given authority, even by us. To God's authority over the devil, read this section from the Second chapter of Job:

1 On another day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him. 2 And the LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"
Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

3 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."

4 "Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."

6 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."

7 So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. 8 Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.

Notice the language used concerning the conversation between God and the devil. Does this sound like the devil has any power to do anything he wishes? The devil is a created being who use to be an angel, but as depicted in Isaiah fourteen:

12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." 15 But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

The devil was an angel known as The Morning Star until he started his boasting in the fateful statements of the, "I wills." Rebellion against God states, "I will," called "sin." This is the only power we give the devil, but other than that, he has no hold on us. We actually have the power to tell him,"No!" James chapter four says:

7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Such authority, but we lost that authority by becoming a slave to sin, therefore making junk of our lives. In Romans chapter three it says,

10As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; 11 there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. 12All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one."

Then God performed the greatest miracle that saved the lives of all mankind according to the statement of Jesus Christ to Nicodemus:

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

Jehovah-Eloheenu, Lord our God,

You are Jehovah-Elohim, our Eternal Creator. I am worthless nothing without You, a mass of nothing for evolution to evolve me from itself. But according to Your Word in Genesis chapter one, You created the world out of nothing. There was no "big bang," but Your Spirit which is eternal.

Lord,You created the host of heaven, Jehovah-Sabaoth, even those You had to cast from Your heaven into the pit. I praise You none of these hosts has no power over me than what You give them permission and that You give me authority to resist the devil because You created me in Your image and because of Christ's love for me. This is no epiphany, but an actual fact written in Your Word. Your creation who believe in You can only praise You for what You have done, but of mankind, You give the free will to love You. Choosing to love You is the best choice I can make everyday. To You I give the glory for all You have done and all You will do in my life because of the name of Jesus, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment