Monday, March 9, 2009

Not Giving Up

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

Father God,
Help me with this one for right now I am struggling with a decision. Help me to put together the words because my thoughts are jumbled. You want a commitment from me and that commitment is not quite clear right now so the first commitment to You starts from the beginning: I commit myself this day to You and what You want for whatever You are trying to say to me. Show me the obstacle I have set in front of this path in Jesus' name, Amen.

Recently, I found out a truth that hit pretty hard. I was deceived by some folks who said they liked my work and wanted to help me sale it. The excitement of hearing this really builds the esteem of a person which extends to those encouraging them. It is much like hearing the cheers from heaven! Unfortunately, the lie plummets all this excitement into the depths of despair like
sinking and drowning while taking others with you. You almost wish you never involved yourself in the venture making the temptation to give up quite pleasant.
But this is not what God has in mind. He lead me to go back to my author website "Why I Took Up Writing." This is only part of what I wrote (using my own words to convict me so to speak):

Then there is the many family members, friends, co-workers, and my agent driving me on, bugging me, praying for me, and ensuring I am fully committed in doing the work so they can get down to the business of reading the stories God has inspired me to write. They allow me to sometimes tantalize them with tidbits of the stories just for their feedback which helps me know if I should go ahead with that part of the project. They are the crowd of cheerleaders whose cheers ring in my ears as I pound out what God gives me and finish the race of completion for them. They love me, not because they think I will become famous, but because they believe in me.

What more can a writer want?

What more can a writer want? Recognition? Does not my statement already say I have it? To be famous? Isn't that worldly? I use my own words again from my home page:

I will be occasionally writing in this web site for you to read, but I do warn you, I am a Christian and I desire to glorify God with the gift of writing He has given me. I hope you will find this web site a blessing.

"I desire to glorify God with the gift of writing He has given me."

Father God, my Creator,

I got in the way again; no wonder my mind was jumbled! Like I just heard in Dr. Tony Evans' sermon on the radio, what I must do must be like popcorn, "a growing expansion of the inside to the outside." As I use my own words: This is the way I have decided to grow as a writer--Just grow and watch what happens.

I continue to commit this gift as Yours through me not to make me great, but to show Your greatness to others. Thank You for being there while I was walking in the clouds and when I sunk Twenty Leagues Under The Sea. Take this gift and make it Yours as I commit it back to You again, in Jesus' name who saved me for Your purpose, Amen.









No comments:

Post a Comment